Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Cougars Game












GENEVA, Ill. -- On Monday, April 9, we left on the bus from Geneva (a town near DeKalb) at 4.40 p.m. to go to Elfstrom Stadium, home of the Kane County Cougars baseball team. Because we were a little bit early, so we stayed in the bus for a while. I was very excited about the game. It was really cold, 38 degrees Fahrenheit. I wore a T-shirt, sweater, coat, hat, and gloves, and I still felt cold. Before the game started, I bought hotdog, fries and a big glass of Coca Cola with Tom and Adi, fellow participants. In the middle of the game, I bought a glass of hot chocolate to warm up. Brrrr!

In the first inning, the Cougars didn't start very well. The visiting team led 2-1. But in the third and sixth inning, the Cougars scored and made a comeback, and led 3-2. Unfortunately, some of the participants couldn't stand the cold, so they went to the bus early. Only me, Niko, Tom, Raffi, Adi, Dita, Tika, Citra and our GAs, Sean and Jordan, made it until the sixth inning.

We had a lot of fun. Adi and Tom always ran when a ball came toward us. Adi got two balls, while Tom got one. When we waited for an inning to start, we danced. It was a lot of fun.

Watching the Cougars was one of my best experiences on this trip --one I will never forget.

Fajar (Indonesia)
4/18/11by Fajar

No comments:

Post a Comment